You must have seen the ads for Botox with beautiful celebrities or fitness models & may be considering getting Botox injections to achieve a similar look. But you are not sure about how many units of Botox you need. This is a question that Opal Aesthetics & Wellness, botox experts, are often asked.
The answer, however, is not always straightforward. There are a few factors to consider when determining how much Botox you need for optimal results.
Some Important Facts About Botox:-
- Typically, there are three areas: the forehead, crow’s feet, or wrinkles around the eyes & frown region.
- Botox is sold in units, and Allergan, the company that manufactures it, offers different treatment recommendations for each treatment area.
- We use Botox because it is the only FDA-approved product that treats all three of these areas.
This blog post will briefly summarize Allergan’s guide on Botox. Moreover, we will also outline the factors that you should take into account when deciding how many units of Botox you need. Additionally, we will also provide some tips on how to achieve the best results with Botox.
Allergan’s Guide To Botox
Allergan, the company that manufactures Botox, has released a guide that provides insight into how many units are needed for each area.
Here is a brief overview:
- Allergan’s guide recommends using twelve units for crow’s feet or wrinkles around the eyes to achieve the desired result. That is 24 units in all since we have two eyes.
- On the forehead, there are two different areas. The frown lines are above the eyebrows and between the eyes. According to the recommendations, this requires 20 units.
- And finally, for the lines further up the forehead, which we just refer to as forehead lines, it takes 20 units of Botox. That’s a total of 64 teams to treat all three areas. However, the exact number of units you need will be determined after your consultation.
Because Everyone Is Unique, Their Botox Needs Will Differ.
Now, this is just a guide because everyone’s anatomy is different. You might have more Botox-responsive muscles than the next person or fewer Botox-responsive muscles.
Botox is also more potent for some people than others. So, you might need less or more Botox than the next person to achieve the desired result. That’s why you must consult an expert to determine how many units of Botox you need.
We have treated some clients, especially men, who needed more Botox units than others because they tend to have stronger facial muscles & thus need some more Botox to inhibit those muscles.
A male patient needed fifteen units on each side of his eyes to eliminate the crow’s feet, thirty units for his frown lines, & 20 units for his forehead wrinkles. That is a total of seventy-two units.
However, we also have a female client who needed seventy units in her forehead alone & another female client who only needed fifteen.
Less Is More When It Comes To Botox
At Opal Aesthetic & Wellness, we think 64 units are too much. Unless we know you & we’ve worked up to the optimal number of units, we will start with less, especially if it’s your first time. We would like to start conservatively & add more at your two-week follow-up appointment, if necessary.
Botox is usually at its peak after two weeks, so it’s a great time to look at the results. Remember, we can always add more Botox, but we can’t remove it. Botox interrupts the signal from the brain to the muscles, essentially weakening the muscles. That means we don’t use them as much, & wrinkles don’t appear from using the muscle.
If Botox is already in the muscle, it takes three to four months to wear off. This is an excellent duration if we like the results. However, if you don’t, there is nothing you can do to undo it.
A Visual Botox Guide
Here’s a diagram we created to show you the areas we can use Botox injections based on what we’ve said above about how to use Botox. Botox can be helpful in ways you never would’ve considered, which makes our job more enjoyable.
- We can give you a brow lift or eliminate the bunny lines on your nose.
- We may place a few units of Botox on the sides of your nose to eliminate the look of a gummy smile if you smile and have a large portion of your gums exposed.
- We can also lift the corners of your mouth or perform a lip flip, bringing the upper lip up and making it look fuller.
- Not only can we make your jawline appear more slender, but we can also banish those pesky dimples in your chin.
- Finally, we can also reduce the look of neck bands as we age.
Use the guide to get an idea of what you can expect during this treatment, though keep in mind that it may not be 100% accurate. Schedule a free consultation if you are considering Botox treatment. We can evaluate your wrinkles & make a recommendation & then we can move forward together.
We at Opal Med Spa would love to hear from you and set up a free consultation. Call us at (512) 601-0092 or send us a message. We’ll be seeing you soon!